13 February 2017

HT ENT: Exclusive Interview With Dj A.b (Abba)


@HausaTop_Com: HELLO DJ AB HOW DO YOU DO?

Dj Abba: I’m doing good, how about you?

@Hausatop_com: FINE SIR. IN YOUR OWN TERMS WHO IS DJ AB?

Dj Abba: Dj AB is an artiste/producer based in Kaduna. I was born and raised in Kaduna state, I’ve been making music for
the past 10 years now and hopefully im progressing in a way I can’t imagine.

@Hausatop_com: WOW! WHAT REALLY PROMPTED YOU INTO MUSIC?

Dj Abba: I started by making sounds and instrumentals inspired by Dj Khaleed, then later I started developing interest in rap music by listening to artistes like Akon and
Lil Wayne. When M.i and Jesse Jags blew up.. I was so proud that we have voices from the northern part of Nigeria
known worldwide, that got me motivated and gave me hope that I can become someone in Nigeria/ Africa if I put in
work.

@Hausatop_com: THROUGH OUT THESE YEARS THERE HAVE BEEN CHALLENGES I GUESS, CAN YOU MENTION SOME OF THESE CHALLENGES?

Dj Abba: Well, even though school is in my way, we thank God cos everything is going more than we expected sef.

@Hausatop_com : YOU MENTIONED SCHOOL, WHERE DO YOU SCHOOL?

Dj Abba: I’m studying quantity surveying in ABU Zaria, in my 2nd year now.

@Hausatop_com : THE FAME, STUDIES. THAT’S QUITE A LOT. HOW DO YOU EVEN COP WITH THE ATTENTION?

Dj Abba: Well I’m living a normal life in school; I don’t assume everybody knows me. I’ve got a long way to go…
Even though I bump into fans at different places.

@Hausatop_com : HEHE, YOU MAKE IT LOOK SO EASY. WHAT INSPIRES YOUR MUSIC?

Dj Abba: Everything around me I guess; because I don’t smoke.

@Hausatop_com : WOW! NO WEED TO BE DOPE ABii. THE RECENT TRACK TOTALLY IS A HIT I MUST SAY. ASIDE OTHER TRACKS YOU’VE DROPPPED. WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE?

Dj Abba: Man! I like totally o! but I also like Gan-Gan as well.

@Hausatop_com : LOL, YOU’RE NOT EVEN SURE OF WHICH ONE. BEING AMONG THE TOP ACTS FROM NORTH-
SIDE SPINNING THE GAME, HOW DO YOU FEEL?

Dj Abba: Well I feel like Arewa music future depends on us and its scary ya know. It’s not been easy to keep dropping
hits back to back but if that’s what we have to do to make the impossible, possible then I’ll use all the my strength .
it’s very good to have competition in the game, that way the artiste will have no other way but to step up his/her game
in order to achieve success.

@Hausatop_com: YEAH, ANYTHING NEW WE SHOULD BE EXPECTING? ANY COLLABO?

Dj Abba: Uhmm! I’m still working a way G! it’s not easy establishing relationships with celebrities but I’ve been recognized by the King himself wato ‘M.i Abaga and He’s
got plans for us all , only time will tell but expect the unexpected sha.

@Hausatop_com : YOU’RE FULL OF SURPRISES MAN, WE ANTICIPATING. WHAT IS THE CRAZIEST THING A FAN HAS EVER DONE TO YOU? LOL!

Dj Abba: There was a fan that almost smacked down a police officer just so he could take a picture with me. It was
crazy! I still receive gifts from loads of fans mehn! Blessings.

@Hausatop_com: WOW! YNS HAS BECOME A HOUSEHOLD NAME IN THE NORTH HOW DID IT START?

Dj Abba: Ooh boy …. That was way back G, We started from secondary school. It started ‘like play like play but with
determination. We are here today. We’ve been producing hit records and that’s it.

@Hausatop_com : WERE DO YOU SEE YOURSELF IN 3 YEARS?

Dj Abba: Ha-ha I don get my own mansion by then, a degreetholder, A successful man my whole family will be proud of!
A God-father to the upcoming.

@Hausatop_com : INSHA ALLAH ANY GIRL YET?

Dj Abba: Yeah! But I no go tell you her name sha. I no want make person snatch my BOO LOL.

@Hausatop_com : HEHE WE PROMISE TO KEEP IT 100%, NO SNITCHING MAN. LASTLY THE TRIVIA; WHATS YOUR
FAVORITE BUSCUIT?

Dj Abba: LOL, na chocolate cookies oh.

@Hausatop_com : HEHE I WAS EVEN EXPECTING CABIN OR DIGESTIVE. WELL WE ALL FOR NOW. WE REALLY
APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EFFORT, HOPE TO DO THIS SOME OTHER TIME.

Dj Abba: Yes boss, I’m honored, thank you so much for having me here NA GODE!




0 comments

Post a Comment